The Marin Headlands Hostel, part of the Golden Gate Council of Hostelling International USA, has been certified a Green Business by the County of Marin, through the Bay Area Green Business Program.
Aside from completing audits to verify compliance with environmental regulations, a certified Green Business must undertake additional voluntary measures to meet Green Business Standards for energy conservation, water conservation, solid waste reduction and recycling, and pollution prevention.
A Green Business must also implement programs for educating employees and customers about resource conservation, as well as adopt, post, and circulate a Green Business Pledge.
- The Pledge to Stay Green
We believe a successful business is dependent on a healthy environment. We are actively working to show our environmental responsibility to our community by committing to the following objectives:
* To comply with all applicable regulations and strive to exceed compliance
* To conserve energy, water, materials, and other resources
* To develop and implement practices that prevent pollution and waste
* To be an environmentally responsible business within our community
* To strive for continuous improvement
The Bay Area Green Business Program is a partnership of environmental agencies and utilities that assists, recognizes, and promotes businesses and government agencies that volunteer to operate in a more environmentally responsible way.