Are you a passionate and seasoned traveler who wants to help to provide first-time travelers with the travel skills necessary for fun, safe, and rewarding trips?
Travel Workshop Presenters are seasoned travelers in Northern California brought together by their passion for intercultural exploration and their commitment to sharing their experience and advice with those new to budget travel.
HI USA is currently accepting applications for new members who are knowledgeable about budget travel to present travel education workshops for adult groups, students, or seniors. Volunteers should have previous travel experience using hostels, and should enjoy public speaking.
HI USA Travel Workshop Presenter
- Become familiar with standard workshop format and content, including the history and mission of Hostelling International, intercultural communication components, and budget travel tips.
- Deliver Travel Education workshops, enriching standard workshop content by incorporating firsthand travel knowledge and experiences.
- Assist with workshop marketing, publicity, and community outreach.
- Assist in identifying new audiences and venues for travel workshops.
- Public speaking and presentation skills, or a strong desire to learn and a comfort with public speaking.
- Recent international budget travel experience including (ideally) one trip of at least two weeks.
- Familiarity with hostels and hostelling.
- Enthusiasm for responsible travel (i.e., intercultural appreciation, awareness, and respect).
- Ability to present to a variety of audiences in a variety of settings.
- Thorough review of the World Travel 101 Tool Kit.
- Participation in a presenter training session, if appropriate.
- Observation of workshop sessions with council staff or volunteers.
- Practice session(s) delivering Travel Education content.
Reports to: Community Engagement Manager
Location: HI USA hostels and other locations in Northern California
At least three 2-hour workshops per year, plus pre-workshop prep time.
- Complimentary HI USA membership after delivery of two workshops.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses related to position.
- Public speaking experience; professional development.
Send cover letter and resume to:
Jesse Riscen, Community Engagement Manager
HI USA Northwest Office
1212 Market Street Suite 310
San Francisco, CA 94102
No phone calls, please.