The Downtown Sacramento Partnership offers a variety of walking tours designed to introduce visitors to the people, places, and events that shaped California history. At least one walk is offered daily (except most Saturdays), and topics range from art and architecture to cultural, religious, and urban history.
Current scheduled walks include:
- Old Sacramento Speakeasy Tour, special 2-hour tour runs only the third Saturday of the month
- Rock and Roll History and Pub Crawl, special summer tour runs every Friday, May - August
- Kids Meet the City, a tour of California history especially for kids
- Tales of the Central City, an overview of early Sacramento history
- Structural Stories, local examples of historical architecture styles
- Art Is All Around Us, a tour of Sacramento's collection of art in public places
- Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow, about K Street commerce, growth, and redevelopment
- The Art of Terra Cotta, an architecture tour featuring local clay artisan Gladding McBean
Tours are $10 and leave from within a short walk of the Sacramento Hostel.
Reservations are required; call (916) 442-8575 or email email@example.com.
Hostellers have occasionally complained about no-show tour guides with this organization. We recommend against paying in advance, just in case.
Stay at the historic Sacramento Hostel.